Friday, August 14, 2009

Garrett County Fair

Here is the Queen of the fair until next year. Susan kept asking her what the job of being a Queen entailed and the Queen kept replying, cleaning out animal pens. I wish I had a pic of Susan's face. I'm not sure if the Queen was trying to keep down competition by telling Susan this or it was real but in either case Susan sure looked broken hearted for a spell.


Here is one of our new friends from the Fratz family farm. They had some of their livestock in the Garrett County Fair. We met them on the trip in to WV. We stopped the car and Susan immediately asked where the tomatoes were. The matriarch of the family said hold on, walked into their personal garden and picked two delicious heirloom tomatoes for us. Mm mm yummy!

Susan worked hard at getting the video shots. She had to keep in mind to keep away from the back of the cattle cause one good kick and it's all over.


The lady that was watching this stand thought I didn't really understand skinning a dear. She proceeded to tell me that some of the people from around these parts would just tie the deer to the back of a truck and drive along until all the skin came off. I think I should have told her that doing that would wreck a good pair of underwear.


Here are a few of what I guess would be my 3rd cousins. Susan wanted to adopt them immediately.

No comments: